Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Long Lost Sister

One day I was doing my usual on myspace, searching for Miniature Schnauzer space pages. When I notice one participator mini schnauzer. I read the profile, & they were obvious the exact same age as Misty. I had to do some investigation on this dog & the owner as well. We talked & talked & talked online for hours.

Questions like; where you get the dog from? What name was the breeder? What were the dam & sire? And everything made sense to me. I understand perhaps this little dog maybe an cousin or sister. Somehow they're related to one other. Because they both came from the same breeder. I was stunned, I was running out of questions & answers & everything. I wanted to know. I just had to meet the person face to face. The day we arranged to meet, I was a nervous wreck. I wasn't even sure if she was gonna go along with it? I know the danger about meeting someone off line, she brought her husband to meet as well. They both brought along their Miniature Schnauzer Reilly & Addie, they're so sweet. Misty was a very good girl.

I took it very slowly, I held Misty into my arms, until they came out of the car. So I waited for them, I guess they were as nervous as I was!

When they got out, they had Addie out first to meet, I knee down staring at this dog, that is obviously Misty's long lost sibling. I was so amazed on how they act & look so alike. Then the owner brought out her other dog that was not related to neither. I learned from a guy name Cesar Millan when you meet a new dog always stay calm and assertive, dogs can read all sorts of energy, if you're hyper they'll be just the opposite & become fear full. I have been around & I have had experiences about dog's behaviors. Everything I did worked out. Because they came & sniff me, & welcome me to their heads. I'm very please to meet Misty's long lost sister & the owners.
If you want to read more about Cesar Millan you go either go buy his book "Dog Whisperer" or tune in to his TV show called "The Dog Whisperer" on National Geographic Channel

Feel free to check out his website


Misty, Addie, & Reilly

No comments: